Sunday, October 21, 2007

This weekend was a weekend of finishing up projects. There has been a lot of talk on several yahoo groups I'm on about whether or not people have more then one project going at a time and if that's okay. I always have several in various stages of completion and then I have some that I started a while back and set aside on my unfinished shelf until the right idea or piece comes to mind so I can finish the project. This is not for lack of trying to finish it, but because something just isn't coming together. I've learned to be patient and wait and not force it, and that given time it will happen usually when I'm in the middle of working on a different project. I started this particular shrine almost a year ago and finally the finishing touches came together...if I had finished it way back I would not have had the Vintage top hat charm that I used on the little fairy which I love, so I'm happy I waited. Now that doesn't mean I'm advocating waiting for forever its just that sometimes we get stuck and its okay to wait provided you DO go back and finish. I started this piece from a 6x6 chunky canvas and a block of wood. I painted both pieces with red first then screwed the block of wood to the canvas and added the legs and final to the top. Once I was completely done I sealed it with PYMII.


(You should be able to click the pictures to enlarge them)

My next finished pieces are two mini 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" canvases I painted for a swap I'm in. Now these weren't sitting on my unfinished shelf they were supplies I've had with an idea in mind . I painted them with acrylic paints and added the moss and bird in the opening. You can see from the one picture just how tiny they are.

Back side of canvases

I must admit I do love the feeling of completing something :-)
I might add that all the projects I posted were sealed with PYMII.

21 comments:

  1. I agree that the top hat is a perfect finishing touch! I love it.

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Aileen, that shrine makes my heart sing! it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the shrine and love your idea with the mini canvas'!
    I have unfinished projects from 2 years ago in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shrine is AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! You go, girl!

    Beth M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your shrine is divine!! Love the color and variety of embellishments - the top hat just tops it off perfectly!!
    And how adorable are your mini easel paintings! You amaze me with your attention to tiny details!
    hugs from jackie who is still slobbering over her beautiful displaced fairy that everyone in her family tried to steal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- these colors really pop! This shrine is just amazing -- so much fun detail everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shrine is delightful; You always find the perfect touches for your shrines. And, your mini canvas... It's amazing to see what you can put on such a tiny canvas.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see ALL of your art when I come down for a visit!!! Now, where's my big suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really very pretty! Love the little birdies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome shrine! Love the birdies too;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aileen - oh these are wonderful! Love your little girl in the top shrine! You have been busy lady! :) Marva

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shrine and the little canvas with the bird your work is sensational I just love it!!! need to send some of that energy and inspiration my way now!!! awesome dear!!! thanks for sharing!! and yes I have a LOT of projects going on all the time!!! Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aileen, you are an artist that I both admire and respect. Reading this post has been very validating as I have very much the same approach, yet it was I in WAJ2 that was wrestling with whether or not I needed to take a more linear approach. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Aileen
    love the way you have used the front and back of this mini canvas - really clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that hat!! It is just fabulous!! I love the colors and the composition of the shrine! Just lovely!
    The mini canvas' are great, too! I have some nests and birds that are just aching to be used! I also have a cute little compartmentalized frame...... perhaps a whole flock can gather there!! :
    xoxooxo
    Susan Chong
    beegsmachine@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so fun to see the various projects you're working on!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color on your shrine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw you post at Dawn's blog. I'm glad to know how to pronounce your name. I was thinking A-Eye-Lean. Mine is pronounced "Rick." Got that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, what a whole lotta great art in one place!! Love it all. Especially the red and black assemblage!

    ReplyDelete