Friday, March 30, 2012

Bowties and Mr Kevin.


Had a fun day visiting Mr. Kevin yesterday.
Seeing him walk and run like a drunken sailor LOL
While I was there I helped my DIL make some
bowties for pictures for his 1st birthday coming up.

I'm not a sewer if I don't have to...I can sew, but if I 
can use iron-on fusible tape or fabri glue I'd rather do it 
that way.We mostly used iron on seam tape that was 
actually perfect.  One how-to did a combination of 
sewing and gluing.  We used  seam tape, fabri-tac glue 
and hot glue.  I have to say once we did the first one we 
really got the hang of it and were able to make a few 
adjustments regarding size because it really does 
depend on the size of child your making them for. 
Several of the tutorials said to use felt inside to 
stuff it or interfacing, but we didn't think they 
needed the extra bulk

Here's a few links of various tutorials (look 
through them do your own search even and 
find one that works for your crafting style):







2 comments:

  1. What a handsome and fashionable young man! The ties are almost as cute as he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures of Mr.Kevin. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete