Sunday, February 13, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

I wanted to share my feel good story with my blog buddies.
I belong to Freecycle.org for my area and had posted the other day that we had an abundance of grapefruit ripe for the pickin' It really makes us feel bad that so many of them go to waste since our trees produce twice a year....We have both white and pink grapefruit trees.  I have picked bags in the past and given them away and had few takers but its been a few years.  This time I had posted a WANT for my sister of a used (but working) and inexpensive older Olympus Camedia 2020 Zoom camera(if you happen to have one let me know), and in order to post a WANT you have to post an OFFER...that's how Freecycle works.  Anyhow, I digress..the point of this post is that I had several responses to my you pick grapefruit offer and received the nicest thank you messages back after they came and picked.  It was not only about getting the grapefruit for themselves, but it also turned out to be the experience of picking them with their families. Normally as I said I would pick them and hang them on the fence for people to come by and pick up, but this time I didn't want to mess with picking them and  I just let people know to bring their own bags and pick as many as they wanted.  The best experience was watching one family who had a little boy put him on their shoulders to pick and hearing him laugh and giggle as he picked grapefruit, it was very sweet and gave my entire family warm fuzzies :-)


For unique gifts visit

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Aileen. What a great thing for the grapefruit pickers and for you.

    ReplyDelete