Thursday, January 08, 2009

Paint Brushes

Sometimes it's the simplest things that make us happy! Here's a picture I took of a set of new chunky brushes I bought. It inspired me to do an art journal page using it. I just love my new chunky brushes, and had been wanting some larger ones then I have (these measure just about 2 inches across). What fun I plan to have using them!
I came across this thought provoking poem appropriately titled Paint Brush. I think the combination of the picture and poem would be a great motivator for an art journal entry....If it inspires you, please let me know, I would love to see what you created just post a link back to your piece :-)
Paint Brush
Bettie B Young ©
I keep my paint brush with me wherever I may go, in case I need to cover up, So the real me doesn't show. I'm so afraid to show you me, afraid of what you'll do, that you may laugh or say mean things,I'm afraid I might lose you.

I'd like to remove all my paint coats to show you the real, true me, But I want you to try and understand, I need you to accept what you see. So if you'll be patient and close your eyes, I'll strip off all my coats real slow. Please understand how much it hurts to let the real me show.
Now my coats are all stripped off, I feel naked, bare and cold. And if you still love me with all that you see, you are my friend, pure as gold.

I need to save my paint brush, though, and hold it in my hand. I want to keep it handy in case somebody doesn't understand. So please protect me, my dear friend and thanks for loving me true. But please let me keep my paint brush with me Until I love me, too.


<==check the archives to view previous posts

1 comment:

  1. Love the image of the paint brushes. And, I think the poem you found is applicable to all of us.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete