Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mail Art From the Heart!

Not only did our son leave for college my niece left for collage as well. Since she's a little homesick yet, I put together this mail art goodie bottle and filled it full of things she likes or can use...a skein of yarn (she loves to knit baby hats), note pads, fun buttons to wear, her favorite candy...you get the idea. I'll mail her goodie bottle tomorrow as is through the USPS mail...don't let the post office fool you into thinking you can't mail it this way I've mailed lots of interesting things through the mail as is. You can check out my tutorial HERE.

11 comments:

  1. I haven't thought about mailing a bottle for years and they're such fun. Your niece will love this!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted today about my daughter leaving for her last year of college! I'll have to think about what surprises to send her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I know your niece will get a kick out of this. Hope you're feeling okay - it's hard to let them go.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing.

    now I want to mail things in bottles!

    our oldest is in his second year at our community college--next year it's off he goes . . . hope I can handle it as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Aileen! What a lucky niece! My mailman would have a stroke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Auntie Aileen! You are the best ever!
    What a lucky niece you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bottle for your niece! I know it'll brighten her day and give her fun stuff to do for many days!
    hugs,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration to us all! I am looking forward to an increase in creative ideas from you this fall. And need to give myself a kick in the pants too!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done this or received one but it sure sounds like fun! That would make anyone smile! It's hard letting them go,isn't it? =) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine your niece's pure delight upon receiving this unique and fun filled bottle from her arty Aunt Aileen! So cool, I think our homesick son would get a big kick out of something like this. Thanks again for the inspiration AND how to! You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea and a good way to recycle. We also have tons of those bottles around here.

    ReplyDelete