I revisited this piece "Cherish The Heart" that I started about a year ago--see previous post to view my creative process:
I thought I had finished it but the more I kept looking at it the more I wasn't happy with it until I added added some heating and air conditioner aluminium foil tape around the edge of the canvas and then antiqued it with some black acrylic paint and then wiped it off it gave it a soldered look. I also added another heart and some wings.
A Flopportunity is Born!
Below is a Shrine I made from a 6x6 chunky canvas. I originally had the canvas sitting on a shelf partially done....I had cut out the center and folded back the canvas and glued it with some gel medium. I first had envisioned a window but wasn't sure what to put in it so there it sat on my shelf. I also had the tin shrine a friend gave me sitting on my work table but I was stuck with what to do to it then I realized that the back of the shrine might just fit perfectly in the opening of the canvas I had cut, sure enough it was a perfect fit! I antiqued it using my Color Mists by repeatedly adding layers and drying them with the heat gun then I lightly went over it with some glaze and acrylic paints. I used layers of the following Golden's acrylic colors: Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold , Quinacridone Magenta , and Dioxazine Purple. I also used those colors on the tin, chain , crown and key to give them an aged look.