Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Doing a good turn....

If we are lucky we will encounter a person that is truly a genuine, selfless caring person that lives their life this way on a day to day bases. My friend Christy is just such a person and I am proud to call her my friend. Please check out her blog to read about the type of person she truly is.

http://artchickadee.typepad.com/art_chickadees_reflection/2007/06/do_whats_right.html#comment-71789976

Another person that I know makes it a habit to help others in need is my sister Kathleen, for some that may know her she may come across with a sometimes hard exterior but inside that facade she puts up she is a caring person. She's on the road a lot driving as a sales rep and the other day she encountered a gal that was broken down along side the road. The gal had sat there for quite awhile and nobody had stopped so she had finally decided to get out and "wave her hands" as she put it in her broken English and my sister stopped. She had a flat tire and I can't remember if she didn't have a cell phone or it wasn't' working but my sister called the tow company and explained where they were and then sat and waited with her until the tow truck driver came. This isn't out of the ordinary for my sister I have known her to do a good turn and help other people more times then I can count.

To both of them I give them my
Good Turn Award

Pass this award on to someone who you know deserves it!

3 comments:

  1. Aileen, you are something else. I certainly wasn't expecting this. I know I don't deserve it, but hey I'm glad you think I do. We aren't serious all that often, but you know I love you!

    BTW, I like what you did with the bingo card. It made it really pop then with the highlights and shading. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Your sisiter sounds like a beautiful person. I had read about Christy's escapade. She's beautiful too. And so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear sister...you have helped me to grow in ways I can't fully explain, myself. When I'm with you or talk to you that tough facade falls away, like feathers in the wind. You wear your heart for all to see and you give freely and with love...so I give this award right back to you, as the most deserving person I know!
    Rainbows of love~

    ReplyDelete