Monday, May 28, 2007


Here's a piece I made using HP 4x6 photo paper and Color Mists. I sprayed the Color Mists on and then heat set it...added some torn pieces of vellum script paper I sprayed also with Color Mists. I then added torn pieces of the vellum with Golden's soft matte gel medium. Once that was dry I added chalk inks to the bring out more of the color then stamped with Krylon gold leafing pen and also with black gesso. I then added the ribbon braiding, image and lettering.


This background I made again using photo paper
misted with Color Mists

I created this background by stamping first with a chunky zebra striped foam stamp using Posh Impressions Resist on to photo paper and then heat set it for a moment and then sprayed with Color Mists.

6 comments:

  1. Aileen, I think you are the queen of wonderful background work. I also love the Cabaret look of the first piece.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love the backgrounds and would love to see the finished piece in person with the stamped Krylon gold ink. Va-va-va-voom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aileen, you keep coming up with more amazing techniques. These backgrounds are beautiful. I love them all, but I really like the look of the zebra piece -- I'm going to give that a try. You know me - I'm more of an earth-tones girl.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying this color mist work. Backgrounds are special to me coming from faux finishing/muraling world. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, RebeccA

    ReplyDelete
  5. here is a very good blog. good photos and writings. really i love here :) if u want to a good blog it is
    http://www.terrakki.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. les fonds sont fantastiques, comme d'habitude, j'adore ce que vous faites !

    ReplyDelete