Monday, March 26, 2007

In with the old...

I'm on a mission to use products that have been forgotten about and thanks to my good friend Christy who inspired me to dig out my alcohol inks and play! Btw, I'm still using the packs of 4x6 glossy photo paper that came with the printer ink I bought-at least I've found a great use for them they're the perfect post card size or snip off 2 inches and you have a 4x4 page.

Samples can be seen in the slideshow to the right--->

Here's a quick and addictive way to make some awesome backgrounds! I began by dropping 3 to 4 ink colors on the glossy photo paper and then I laid down another piece of the glossy paper on top, I then smooshed them together and pulled them apart and that's it! Next I stamped with black Staz-on Ink and or Krylon's gold leafing pen (I pump out some of the leafing pen paint on a piece of acetate and then slide it across the stamp quickly and stamp.

Here's one of my finished pieces using an alcohol ink background:

**Don't forget to include your email if you leave a comment so I can email you back**

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Aileen, the slide show is waaay cool. As usual, the card is great and you've included great instructions.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow awesome colors dear!! way to go!!! I have a ton too maybe just play with them!!Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love alchohol inks. This is stupendous! And I love your slide show. You rock girl!
    ~k~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and colourful piece! I´ll give my alcohol inks another try soon ... lovely slideshow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool- I was just telling a friend that I knew there was a way to great backgrounds with these inks- thanks for the inspiration to try some. Beth

    ReplyDelete