Saturday, April 26, 2008

Coffee Palette

Clouds in my Coffee
Here's a piece I did for a monthly lottery, since I'm the host this month I thought I'd try and entice some more participation by creating this coffee palette, the theme is coffee. I used a wooden palette that I adhered paper that I had misted with Color Mists to using soft gel medium. I free hand cut out shapes to form the cup using bits of scrap paper and highlighted it with paint and gel pens. The shading I added with a brown charcoal pencil and when I was completely done I sealed it with PYM II.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool, even to a non-coffee drinker like me.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Remind me about the lottery when I get back from Art & Soul if I forget. You know how much I love a coffee theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!!! Makes me want a cup of coffee.... and I'd love a fun mug like that!

    xo,

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! It looks like a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a music therapist, I love when art is inspired by lyrics! Very nice! :)!-Jenny at CraftTestDummies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to say I am the proud owner of this piece! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete