Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Adventures from Asilomar #3

Another beautiful perfect weather day here although at night it gets a bit cold but I haven’t minded and haven’t worn a coat I’m savoring it because I’ll be going back to warm weather!

I had another class with Sally Jean the Solder Queen we made soldered vessels and shrines very cool ideas using small bottles and cutting the bottoms and the necks off and using those portions for our encapsulated shrines then soldering a piece of glass to seal it. Unfortunately “Big Red” their bottle cutting machine broke we wore him out so he had to go into retirement poor guy! I was able to finish 3 pieces before I had to leave early to set up for vendor night.

Vendor night went well once got things set-up, our problem was that I brought too much stuff for only one table but we made it work!! A BIG thanks to my niece for all her muscle, quick adding and organization….and to Bev and Diane for their help, THANKS GUYS! What fun it was, as well to put more faces to names some were customers already and others I knew from various Yahoo groups.

Today I have a class with Ann Baldwin, which I’m very excited about even if I haven’t had enough coffee yet LOL The class is called The Palimpsest, it looks like a great layering class which I love.
I’ll post pictures once I get them uploaded.

6 comments:

  1. The weather got almost cold last night? I know you were enjoying that! I'm happy to hear it's going so well and can't wait to hear how Vendor Night went! The things in Sally Jean's class sound amazing as do Ann Baldwin's class! Hugs, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time Aileen! You work so hard, and are so kind to everyone! I hope you get some down time, and that your store just goes completely empty from the wonderful sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been tagged for a game where you share 6 weird quirks or habits you may have. So that means I am tagging you! I hope you play along, thanks!

    Here are the rules:
    1. Link to the person that tagged you.
    2. Post the rules on your blog.
    3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
    4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
    5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your having a great time, can't wait to see all the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that you're enjoying your classes, did well at vendor night and have good weather. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm anxious to hear about the class with Anne Baldwin. And boy, the place looks beautiful... I'm tempted to run away there right now.... even with out a retreat happening!

    ReplyDelete