Monday, July 10, 2006

No lights at the end of the tunnel, whew~

Yep, I was certain I was gonna see bright lights there for a while! Trust me when I say that my imagination was running amuck as it conjured up all sorts of things that might happen had my infection gotten worse! I think though that I can safely say that I'm finally on the mend! I was beginning to wonder there as my leg wasn't getting any better and I discovered I am now allergic to penicillin and broke out in hives all over(who knew!). It seems penicillin is the drug of choice for this type of bacterial infection I have in my leg (they still are not sure if it was from a bug bite or a fall I had recently) and the new drug was taking it's sweet time in showing any improvement. I kept thinking I was doing better and the fever was gone but then it would come back again and my leg seemed to be getting worse and was on fire to the touch....but I have officially been fever free since Saturday and each day the leg is looking a little less inflamed especially if I do as I'm told and keep it elevated and its not as hot to the touch! It sure makes it kind of hard to do much on the computer or art for that matter.

Thanks to all of you for sending good wishes, thoughts and prayers!!

Here's a link to a baby shoe I altered....I finished it right before getting sick....It's for a friend's RR I'm in...you can check it out here:
http://www.outsidethemargins.com/alteredshoes.html

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are on the mend. When you go to the doctor, it is a good idea to listen and heed their advice. :))

    Take good care,
    xox

    ReplyDelete