Tuesday, May 30, 2006

TGTWIO

Thank Gawd The Weekend Is Over! Yes, I'm glad its over and things are back to their regularly scheduled program.

Went to see the Da Vinci Code, I liked it, of course seeing a movie after reading the book is always a bit disappointing to me. Some things were changed around and of course a lot gets left out so it was more a waterered down version. It felt more like they were speeding fast foward through the story to me. But none the less I enjoyed it.

I love Leonardo da Vinci as an artist and as an ingenius inventor, he diffinately was ahead of his time. Hubby and sons are all inventors/McGyver type creators so Da Vinci is greatly appreciated in our household.

My favorite works of Da Vinci are the Mona Lisa, Vitruvian Man, Study of the head of Leda and all the Designs for a Flying Machine.

Here are a few favorite links for Da Vinci's work you can check out:

http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/leonardo.html

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/leonardo_da_vinci.html

1 comment: