Here's my second attempt at making a mini monkey cake
for Mr Kevin's 1st birthday at the end of the month.
The first one never got decorated because the cake
all fell apart coming out.
This time around I was patient and didn't try to
remove the cake until it had cooled. I used a large
fruit can for the base and only filled it about half full.
For the top I used a mug that was the perfect size
in diameter to the can. I sprayed them both heavily
with Pam cooking spray and they just popped right out.
For the tan muzzle, eyes and ears I used vanilla wafers.
I also used mini chocolate donuts for the ears and cut
off 1/4" on one end. I think for the real one I will use
mini vanilla wafers for the ears so there isn't so much
tan showing. Next time around I know what I will
do and not do so I am glad I practiced first :-)