Friday, March 23, 2012

From whisk to caged bird


 The Caged Bird Sings

I recently cleaned out my silverware drawer and this bird is the end result..huh your probably wondering LOL
I started to throw away a whisk attachment that I still had, but no longer had the electric part for it. I even went as far as to put it into the garbage, but pulled it out twice....I just couldn't do!  I had a couple of bird projects I was mulling over and the whisk looked like the perfect bird cage so out of the garbage it came for good I mean I can't be a hoarder if I actually made something out of it...right?  

The bird is a sculpted paperclay bird I had made, and  
the bottom base was an empty ribbon spool.

For the nesting I used regular and mini cupcake liners
cut to create fringe.



I've had a couple of inquiries on purchasing this 
piece and have decided to list it HERE

3 comments:

  1. That's too funny, Aileen. How resourceful and clever! The bird and cage are adorable - the perfect harbinger of spring.

    ReplyDelete