Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Faux Hand Blown Glass Ornament

This is my first official project I'm posting for 
Sakura Hobby Crafts. I'm excited to be part 
of the new design team representing a 
product I've loved for years.

I've begun gearing up for Christmas and my first 
project is a simple yet elegant one that would make a 
great gift or holiday boutique idea.

Supplies
  • Clear Glass Ornament
  • 3D Crystal Lacquer
  • Alcohol Inks
  • Bottle Cap
  • Alphabet Stickers or Rub-Ons
  • Ribbon
I started off with a clear glass heart shaped 
ornament and removed the top.

Next I added a couple of drops each of 3 
different colors of alcohol ink.

Next squirt the amount of  3D Crystal Lacquer  
approximately the size of your pinky finger 
circumference down the center of the glass 
ornament.  

**The combination of the inks mixed 
with the 3D Crystal Lacquer creates a 
hand blown look to the glass.



Swirled and turned the glass around letting 
the 3D Crystal Lacquer and alcohol ink 
mixture coat the insides of the glass.
Once the sides are coated turn the ornament 
upside down and allow the access to drip out.
You can use a bottle cap to let it drip into, so you
don't waste the mixture and then used the filled
bottle cap for another project.

Once its completely dry you can add wording
on the outside using some rub-on letters or
word stickers. Finish it by adding a ribbon
to hang it from.


Happy Creating everyone! 

For Unique Whimsical 
Gifts Visit
Shopping!

11 comments:

  1. Love this! Great job, easy to follow instructions (which is very important to some of us! LOL!), and a beautiful finished product! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant - and great directions so I may give it a try later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I am going to make some of these. I just need to get the Crystal Lacquer...I have everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ornament, love the color! And your directions are so complete!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project. I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured this on my Inspiration Friday Post...

    http://www.laniejandco.com/2011/09/inspiration-friday-9911.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love that! You are so clever. The design team is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous! I love the way the colors blend and bleed.

    These would make great hostess gifts at Christmas time.

    Congratulations on joining the Sakura team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you buy the glass heart shaped ornament?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the ornaments at Micheal's Crafts you probably still will be able to find them since they're heart shaped and Valentine's Day is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete