Saturday, August 06, 2011

Funky Clay Bird

Yay! I finally have a new battery for my 
camera and was finally able to take a picture 
of my finished funky clay bird!

Side View
I started with a  Styrofoam ball and built up the 
clay up around it. For the legs I used long lollipop 
sticks, for the eyes I used small black glass beads 
and the shoes are also made with the fimo clay.

Instead of the Paperclay I previously used HERE and HERE. I used a package of  Staedtler's Fimo Microwave clay that I've had and finally decided to give it a try.  I love that it can dry lickty split in the microwave. What I don't like about it compared to the Paperclay is that it doesn't smooth out as easily.  I found I had to get it really wet in order to smooth it out and even then it didn't get as smooth as I would have liked.

For Unique Whimsical 
Gifts Visit

4 comments: