Saturday, July 02, 2011

An Anniversary Adventure

It was our 22nd Anniversary so off we went to the coast for the day not thinking that we'd be 2 of fifty million other people wanting to head to cooler weather! All I can plead is I had temporary insanity!

Our first stop was a surprise for hubby a visit to the 
Wings of History Museum in, San Martin/Morgan Hill, CA
He being the boy he is, and the avid air plane lover and 
walking fact book was in heaven!!
Next we attempted a visit to my favorite beach. 
I grew up going to Capitola Beach as a kid.
Unfortunately, everyone and their cousins were 
there!  We did stop and  breath in the wonderful 
ocean air and watch the surfers catching some waves 
at a vista point above.  The ocean for me is like 
home since I grew up going to the beaches in 
Northern California and Southern California.


After walking around a bit we had  lunch at 
99 Bottles of Beer Pub in Santa Cruz-fun place and 
probably, I'm betting, a favoite among the college kids! 
If you drink 99 specific brands of beer on their list you 
get a plaque with your quote and name on the wall.

Next we did a bit of thrift store shopping and I 
scored BIG (more about that in a later post).   
Right around the corner we found the above named 
alley called Squid Row, which cracked us up.
Of course we had to venture down Squid Row-- 
it had a couple little arty co-ops that were electric 
and just plain fun buildings to look at.  It was our find 
of the day to discover this art alley by accident.

And last but not least...I could not resist the weird picture of 
the day we came across this stuffed animal and puppet 
ladden  RV in downtown Santa Cruz holding odd puppet 
shows out the window! I'm still not sure what it was all about LOL


For Unique Whimsical 
Gifts Visit

3 comments:

  1. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down.....
    thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the photos are stunning and awesome. Hope I could also have enjoyed the adventure with you. LOL....kidding....

    ReplyDelete