Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Altered Baby Dress

Altered Baby Dress
"All children are artists. 
The problem is how to remain 
an artist once you grow up."
~Picasso
Last weekend I bought 2 little plain white cotton dresses for 50 cents a piece at a garage sale with the intent on altering them. I finished my first one today.  I started yesterday by using the dress as a wipe off rag for some painting I was  doing. Once the paint was dry, today I sewed the pocket and a button onto the dress and stamped some of the wording on a grosgrain ribbon and sewed it on also.  I used a fine sharpie to write the rest of the quote onto the dress.  Added some worn out paint brushes I had saved and then hung it from a large brush that I had been hanging on to also.  I'm pleased with how it turned out and even more happy that I finished it!

For Unique Whimsical 
Gifts Visit

3 comments:

  1. Super cute Aileen! LOVE it hanging from the brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! And, I agree with Kris about hanging it from the brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is so beautiful, love the quote & colors & all the paint brushes you used!!!

    ReplyDelete