Thursday, February 12, 2009

Light Bulb Moments & eBay...

I had one of those ah-HA moments....you know that moment when you almost can see a light bulb over head! I was brainstorming ideas for an game themed art piece I was contemplating using a cootie bug game. remember that game (see below)? I decide to do a search on eBay....if, and I can't imagine anyone hasn't, but if you are a virgin eBay looker/shopper then let me tell you that you can find darn near ANYTHING on eBay...things you've seen and heard of and things you never knew existed. While on my quest I ended up coming across this book called Revenge of the Cootie Girls by Sparkle Hayter....come on how could I resist that title!? I couldn't I succumbed and bought the book and it arrived yesterday in premo condition! I can't wait to use it in a project of some sort....that is after I read it! Yes, I have to read it now...apparently it has mixed reviews but my curiosity is piqued and I figure what the heck.
Check out the great book cover and what the booklist wrote:
Smart-mouthed news reporter Robin Hudson is back in another utterly outrageous adventure. Robin and her friends--fun-filled Tamayo; bald, tattooed Sally; sensible Claire; and innocent Kathy--decide on a girls' night out for Halloween. Then Kathy calls to say she's trapped in a married man's closet. Robin and crew set off to rescue her, but first they must complete a strange scavenger hunt that triggers memories of Robin's growing-up years in Minnesota, when she and her best friend were ridiculed as class misfits ("cootie girls"). By the end of the evening, Robin and her pals have taken a trip down Memory Lane, found a dead body, broken up a money-laundering ring, and rescued Kathy from certain corruption. The plot is thoroughly silly, but readers who like something different will find Hayter's in-your-face style, frenzied pacing, and tasteless but wildly funny humor a refreshing change.

Stay tuned...

<==check the archives to view previous posts


1 comment:

  1. love the cover and look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete