Thursday, December 11, 2008

Move Over Martha Stewart!

I'm not what you would call a gourmet cook, my family likes simple things so I gave up on cooking fancy dishes long ago! I do consider myself a good utility cook (I can pull together a meal out of bits and pieces and cook in large portions). Recently I stumbled literally upon this great cooking site and I am definitely not a cooking site person at all, but I have to admit I LOVE this site! Not only are the recipes simple, the pictures are great quality and the humor is wonderful! It actually made me want to cook...something I'm not normally thrilled about doing anymore LOL
Last night I made a recipe called Crash Hot Potatoes and they were so good my family said it was the best meal they've ever had...Yes, of course I served them more then just potatoes. I won't mention the fact that they were starving, since I think that taints their view on how tasty something is LOL
Anywho this was so easy to make I highly recommend them. I made a couple of changes to them I added ground garlic and sea salt and sprinkled them lightly with parmasan cheese.

If your looking for something different for Christmas dinner or perhaps in need of some new holiday recipes check out The Pioneer Woman site. Below is the link to the recipe I mentioned
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Move over Martha Stewart
The Pioneer Woman has ya beat!

If you have any favorite recipes please feel free to share them here I'd love to see them.

<==check the archives to view previous posts


5 comments:

  1. Those look so good. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I've book marked it. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link for the potatoes. We really liked them when I made them last night, So, I blogged about them and added a recipe for Onion Clusters on my blog.
    You can check it out here.

    http://agardenersart.blogspot.com

    I credited your blog as leading me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these this evening and the family LOVES them! Thanks for sharing!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching everywhere for this recipe so we could have it on Epiphany. We ended up with mashed potatoes, will have to keep this copy in a safe place. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete