Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Gift Project

labornament
labornament2
Here's a couple of EZ Christmas ornaments/neckwear I made recently (they could also be made to use as a gift tag). I started with metal label plates, I don't know about you, but I have lots of these that I had good intentions of using them, but didn't so did what any altered artist would do and found another use for them. This is from one of my quick and easy Christmas gift projects.
I used the following
SUPPLIES:

Star Punchinella 
Bull Nose Clip or
Mini Binder Clips
Image from a Christmas Card
(or stamp your own words on a Blank Ticket)
Ribbon
White Paint or Gesso
Extra Fine Fairy Glitter Dust
Wood Bead *Optional
Glass Charm *optional

platekit
I used the star punchinella as a stencil and a make up sponge and white paint  to stamp onto the bookplate and then sprinkled with extra fine glitter dust before the paint dried. You could also use an unmounted stamp  such as a script or snowflake design instead.  For the image I used a  ticket on one necklace and an image I traced around from an old Christmas card on the other necklace.  I also originally used a bull nose clip for the hanger, but you could also use mini binder clips such as these here.

The idea here is to use what you have on hand or what you have available.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever idea for a cool Christmas gift.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project - thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete