I was excited to see the theme for the Gothic Arch Challenge was anything goes. Since it's been warm here my muse immediately thought of a beach theme.
I dug through my stash and found a background I had already started (I like to start backgrounds and then put them away to use down the road). I had used a piece of off white weathered paint paper from OTM's pastel paper pack (it's hard to tell but the pack really does have some cool papers that can be further colored and altered) and then used chalk inks and inked around the shape of a bird sticker and then removed it.
I decided I just had to play with the glass bead medium again, so I created some faux sand using it. See my process below:
Add glass medium in a small container
Add 1 drop of 2 Drops of Nickel Azo Gold, 2 drops of iridescent Copper (light), 1 drop of Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, mix well.
Add extra fine iridescent glam glitter as desired and mix well again.
peanut butter looking mixture onto card.
I added a piece of bamboo trim I found and cut the end to fit.
Embed small shells into wet mixture and allow to dry.
saga story of my arch...
As I began using the glue stick on the back of the image the glue was a bit too sticky and
I it just ripped her head right off her body...yep, I had a headless beach babe LOL shoot, I thought I really wanted to use this Vintage Beach Babe image! Then I thought hey, I'll just add another head from a bird or something like that...yep that sounded good! Off I went to go through my bird images and then I got ready to print out my sheet of heads, and for two days I tried to get that sheet to print...nada! There was some kind of corruption problem between the software and the printer. Dang it! I thought, I just want to finish this piece! So early this morning as I was sitting there caffeine deprived waiting for my coffee to be done. I had a brainstorm looking down seeing the head staring up at me and then the flowers, and the piece FINALLY came together Whoo-hoo!