Here's some goodies to share now that my friends Kris and Christy have celebrated their birthdays. Below are the crowns I made for each of them...I have to admit I'm getting kind of addicted to making them! I started with a plastic princess crown and added springs of leaves and beads with the hot glue gun and covered the side pieces that fit on the head with ribbon, the trick is to keep layering until it's as full as you want.
(You should be able to enlarge each of the
pictures by clicking on them).
Here's a classic case of "I knew I'd find a use for it one day" Syndrome that most of us collectors er...I mean Altered Artists suffer from. I picked up an old black lunch box about 4 years ago at an estate sale thinking what a great piece it would be to alter some day and up it went on my shelf waiting for just the right project which ended up being a purse for Kris for her birthday. I just love how it turned out. This was a collaborated effort with another friend who lined the inside and made a wonderful mermaid doll to go inside. After the outside was finished I sealed it with PYMII which worked great!
I must confess I've always had a secret desire to alter some body's cast and today I got to do just that! My sister let me add some bling to her basic black cast.
At least it adds a little fun to an otherwise boring cast :-)
I sealed it with PYMII.