Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day of the Dead Skull Bead Necklace

 
 I made some fun skull beads today using my new skull mold and paper clay.  Before the clay was dry all the way I used a wire to poke a hole through each one. Once they were completely dry I painted them with acrylic paints and sprinkled them with extra fine crystal glitter dust  while the paint was still semi wet.  To protect them I sealed them with PYMII

 Here I strung the skull beads onto various 
types of fiber and silk cording to make 
a necklace.

Click HERE to view previous 
Day of the Dead or 
Dia De Los Muretos projects.

Artistic Inspirations to help you create!
 

2 comments:

  1. Spooky cute, Aileen!

    I love the glitter and the shiny finish. I had to Google PYMII to find out it's Preserve Your Memories II spray varnish for clay. I'll on my wish list for my next visit Stateside.

    ReplyDelete